Fireflies & the Sea Air: A Seafarer? | Art Print
- Archival-quality giclée art print on a lovely heavy-weight paper with a matte finish.
- Print is 11" x 14" in size; image is about 8.5" x 11".
- Each print is hand signed by the artist.
- Does not come with the frame, but is so very suitable for framing.
This little beach-going family would like to come live with you, to remind you of your first trip to the beach with your dear little one, now aged 18 and off to college. Or perhaps they would like to live with your niece Josephina, who really really likes fireflies. Or maybe it's time to send a gift to your very favorite cousin Eddie, who is over the moon at becoming a Papa for the first time. There are so many options; who, after all, doesn't find both babies and fireflies just a little magical?
Other Things You Might Like to Know: The original artwork is graphite and colored pencil on paper | © 2015 Melinda Nettles | Designed and printed in Oregon, USA | Printed on Hahnemühle Photorag 308 gsm 100% cotton rag paper, with Epson pigmented Ultrachrome HD inks.
The Back Story:
Is it entirely impossible that a trip to the beach before the age of tiny* has a lasting effect on your destiny? Mayhap this little one, propped in her Poppa’s arms to watch the fireflies flicker tonight, shall go on to study marine mammals - the porpoise and the narwhale - or the rarest species of feathery dune grasses, or the tiniest of sand-hopping birds, the ones that run in and out and in again at the frothy edge of the waves. Or maybe she will fill notebooks with poems of salt marshes or sketchbooks with pictures of sea stars. Or maybe she will restore tall sailing ships, or design racing yachts, fast as the wind. Or dig up ancient seaports, brushing off each potsherd with a toothbrush and unearthing fragile timbers with a tiny trowel. Who’s to know? And won’t it be delightful to find out?
* Note: In case you had forgotten, because maybe it’s been a while since you’ve been a little baby, and not everyone remembers the experience with exact precision, the age of tiny comes just after the age of very tiny, and well before the age of toddler; the age when you have only very recently - like late this morning - discovered that the very small toes you have been noticing occasionally end up in your mouth actually belong to you.